Written 1/12/12
Bailey would have been 3.5 months old her first Christmas.
Both were taken mid December.
Our first stop that year was my parent's. They had just moved out to Santo and this was our first year to celebrate it in their newly remodeled house! This was our Christmas card picture that year.
Andrew, Tori, Luke, Bailey, and I went to the mall one day while we were there and got some snapshots with Santa. This was back before Luke told me how he found out Santa wasn't real, how angry he got about it, and that he didn't wanted to lie to our kids about it.
Andrew, Tori, Luke, Bailey, and I went to the mall one day while we were there and got some snapshots with Santa. This was back before Luke told me how he found out Santa wasn't real, how angry he got about it, and that he didn't wanted to lie to our kids about it.
And then Christmas Eve at my Nana's house. I can't believe how few pictures I took.
Next we headed to Franny's house in Meridian.
Franny took this as we got to met Owen and Kyle & Ali got to meet Bailey for the first time. I remember that we got there a couple of days before Kyle, Ali, and Owen did. On the day for them to arrive Luke and Franny were dying for them to get there, and by dying I mean calling every hour and checking out the window even though they knew they couldn't be here yet. Can I just say how glad I am that y'all move to Austin!!!
Next it was time to get Owen in his matching jammies thanks to their Nana. Owen was the first baby besides Bailey for us to spend alot of time with. It was interesting to watch the similarities and differences. It was this exact moment that we had a break through with tummy time by propping Bailey up on her elbows and using the boppy. Owen was still not a fan of tummy time.
Also, while taking these pictures I started noticing how much Bailey was drooling and how she was chewing on her fingers. Sure enough a month later she had two bottom teeth coming in.
If you look closely, you can see a white speck on the bottom gum ridge. This was taken in January.
Back to Christmas, I love this picture. Franny had waited so long to get to hold both her grandbabies at the same time.
Bailey playing her first game of Settler's of Catan. I forget about the days when we could play games.
And apparently we played it more than once. Bailey (or Owen ??) is to Luke's left in the bouncy chair. I remember that it was this trip that she started pulling the little creatures off and thus the grabbing phase began. And that Kyle got Puerto Rico, another fun strategy game.
We took lots of pictures!
Other things I want to remember/take note of:
- Bailey & Owen will be the only grandkids to have celebrated a holiday or been in Franny's house in Meridian.
- Somewhere out there is a video of a Bailey blowout, where Franny turns on the fan to help with the smell, which only helped to circulate it, but leaves the room.
- Franny was given peanut brittle from a sweet elderly neighbor who had accidently used pinto beans instead of peanuts.
- And Franny made us listen to a very country CD of some Christmas songs, more than once.
Next we headed back to Austin and met up with BB, Bailey's great grandmother.
And then we headed to Camp Buckner by way of another great grandparent's place- Great Grandpa Robert and were surprised that alot of Bailey's 2nd cousins were there.
Here we are at the amphitheatre at Camp Buckner. Luke was really sad, maybe even heartbroken, that they closed it down as a summer camp and that our kids will never be an Apache. The debate is still out as to where our kids will go to summer camp.



No comments:
Post a Comment