So I bet if you are a mom or have been around kids enough, you can already guess how this story goes, but I have found that a little humor makes a hard day easier. So here's a piece of how my day went yesterday. Captain De-Clutter hears Explorer Kid sweetly talking to her on the monitor after her mid day nap. Captain De-Clutter leaves her folded laundry in a basket on the coffee table although she knows she shouldn't. Captain De-Clutter then goes and gets the Explorer Kid, and they head for adventures in the playroom. However, when the phone rings Captain De-Clutter leaves Explorer Kid alone in the playroom (BIG MISTAKE!!). Explorer Kid decides to follow Captain De-Clutter to the kitchen, but gets distracted at the bathroom where she unrolls the toilet paper and starts playing with the stuff in the trashcan. After Captain De-Clutter is off the phone she promptly washes Explorer Kids hands, puts Explorer Kid back in the playroom, and then proceeds to pick up the toilet paper and trash. After doing that Captain De-Clutter finds that Explorer kid has moved to her bedroom and has pulled a drawer full of clothes out on the floor. Captain De-Clutter then sits on the floor to start folding and putting back the laundry. This time she gets smart and shuts Explorer Kid in the bedroom with her, and then also takes Explorer Kid with her to the kitchen the next time the phone rings. Well if any of you have been to my home you know that the kitchen isn't far from the living room which is where my folded laundry was. Yes, Explorer Kid wanted to know what the big white thing on the coffee table was, so she pulled it down. She also had to pull out half of the folded laundry. While cleaning that up, Explorer Kid saw an opportunity to get her hands on Blue's food. I could keep going, but I bet you get the picture. It was just one things after another. So at this point I decided to use a trick Franny taught me, which is to take Bailey outside, find a patch of grass that needs watering, and let her have fun with the waterhose.
Lessons Learned:
1. Keep Explorer Kid with you as you clean up after her or shut the door of the playroom
2. Put the downstairs trashcan up on the countertop
3. Under no circumstances should folded laundry be left in Explorer Kid's reach
4. If all else fails head outside.
2 comments:
LOL I love it! I see what we have to look forward to! he-he
I'm impressed you still try to clean up! Clinton wore me down to the point that I don't even try unless he's asleep or Rodney's home to take him for a walk or something! Of course, by the time Rodney gets home at the end of the week our house looks like a tornado went through it! He also loves the water hose. I bet Bailey and Clinton and would have a great time together!
Post a Comment