We went in today for Bailey's 15 month old check up and I thought I would do an update.
Bailey is amazing us each and every day. Just the other day she fell down and said uh-oh, and we hadn't even been working on that. We can add that to the 2 other words she can say. She can also when prompted with a stuffed animal and the sound mimick the sound of a monkey and lion. The lion is a very deep, scary lion noise and the monkey could also sound like a bird, but we know what they are.
She can also find her belly button, and nose. Instead of pointing at her nose or someone else's nose she squeezes it. This has been a huge motivation to keep her nails trimmed. This is one of my favorite pictures of her and Luke.

Here are her latest stats:
Height: 30.5 inches
Weight: 19lbs, 8 ozs
Head Circumference: 45.5 cm
I don't have the percentiles because my doctor forgot to write them down, but I remember that it was pretty much the same as before. Although she is small for her age, you would never know it by the amount of food she eats. There isn't anything she won't eat. The new thing with mealtime is that we have begun having her use a fork to eat foods once or twice a day. She is great getting the food in her mouth, but not so great at getting the food on the fork.
Our biggest challenge is finding stuff to do with her to burn off all the energy she has. We went and visited a free Gymboree class and LOVED it. Too bad Gymboree is so expensive. We are also regulars at Phil's Ice House. Their playground has this new spinny thing that is a favorite. Any suggestions that have worked with your kiddos?
Lastly, a little over a month ago she transitioned down to one nap. At first it was just one two hour nap, and all I could think about was that I got jipped because she used to take two naps for an hour and a half each. Just last week she started sleeping for three, sometimes four hours!!! Speaking of which, I should go take advantage of my time.
2 comments:
That is the cutest pic of Luke and Bailey. What a sweet moment. I can't wait to hear her animal noises in person!
mel- i can't believe she's already 15 months! and continually more adorable =) we miss you guys! have a happy christmas!
Post a Comment