Monday, April 13, 2009

House Projects

One of Luke's first pick-up type lines he threw my way was "If you don't find me handsome, you should find me handy". Little did he know how handsome I thought he was. And little did I know how handy Luke was going to turn out to be. So, Luke has been working really hard lately putting all his handiness to work getting all of our house projects done. The biggest three thing were landscaping, finishing the deck, and some woodwork mainly in the utility room and kitchen. I am happy to report that we are done!!! Here are some before and after pictures.


This is a rear view of our house when we bought it. To locate a reference point in the picture below look to Luke's right and you will find that we used the same spot for the air conditioning unit. The house was only a 2/1 with a office when we bought it. It's now a 4/3 with office.



Luke cleaning up the yard so that we could lay down sod. You can also see that the deck is about halfway done.


The finished deck.

Bailey and Emmy enjoying a cookout on the newly finished deck.


Front of the house with new landscaping. We decided to be nice to our pocket book and buy younger plants that will grow in over the years. All of the plants you can see are Texas natives that can survive the Texas summers.


This is the side/back yard that gets alot more shade. Luke knows how much I love getting flowers and wanted me to be greeted everytime I come home with pretty flowers... awww.

This is what our house looked like when we bought it.

So I am not terribly sad that we are going to sell our house because I knew going into it that we would only live there for 2 years. However, I have really come to love this house and neighborhood. There is some nervousness about the unknowns, but we are ready to get settled into a house we can live in for more than a couple of years and establish some roots.

6 comments:

Alicia said...

WOW!!! Beautiful work you both have done. Hope it sellsquick for you both.

Franny said...

Great before and after pictures. You might use this for advertising. I'm a little sad, but know that God will lead the way to better things.

cheryl said...

Good gracious, what an awesome transformation! Where are you planning to move to.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I stumbled on this blog going through one of my wifes cousins blogs. I was wondering if your husband Luke used to work at Camp Buckner about 8 or 9 years ago. If so hopefully he will know me. My name is Bonham Calk. If it is him, let him know I said hi.

Anonymous said...

Wow...it's beautiful. It's so sad to move after you've done so much hard work. I guess Luke can just get ready for some more projects at the new place:) Someone is going to be very lucky to buy a house that is move-in ready with a beautiful yard.

girltravelor said...

I can't believe you're already moving. It makes me so sad...that house is incredible! Luke really did an awesome transformation. Good luck with the sell!