Sunday, September 13, 2009

Bailey's Birthday Party

So this past Saturday was Bailey's 2nd birthday party. She shared her party with her good friend Abby who was born on the same day. Her mom, Chelsie and I, had a blast planning this party. The theme was Sesame Street and here is a look at the festivities:


Fun balloons.

More decorations- The sign says "This party is brought to you by the letters A & B and by the number 2".


The cupcakes. I tried to take a picture where you could see Elmo (red), Big Bird (yellow), Cookie Monster (blue), and Oscar (green). Chelsie and I have to thank Emily, Allie, Chelsie's mom Kelley, and Ben's mom Cindy for helping with these. Got the idea from here.

We originally were planning on having a park party, but we got rained out and ended up having it at my house. This was one of the last minute activities we thought up to help keep the kids entertained- it was an Oscar the Grouch Trash Toss.


The kids collecting trash for Oscar.
 



Mommy and the birthday girl.



Singing Happy Birthday to the birthday girls. We decided to give each kid a candle because they always want to help blow them out anyways. Also, to get the desired color on the cupcakes, we had to use alot of dye. None of the parents wanted to do any extra laundry or ruin any clothes so shirts just came off.


Did I mention there was alot of dye in the cupcakes?


Bailey with Grandpa Mark about to open presents.

Opening presents. I really don't have any great pictures of Bailey and Abby together, but hopefully you can see that they did have matching outfits. Thank you Kelley!

Reading a new book with Gigi.

I think everyone had fun. I heard from a couple of people that their kiddo took longer than normal naptimes after the party, including Bailey. Thank you to everyone who was able to come.

2 comments:

cheryl said...

So cute and fun! Happy birthday Bailey. ;o)

Alicia said...

Love the cupcake tree...you did an AWESOME job!