Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Introducing...

Mwaramutse! Good morning in Kinyarwanda (the official language of Rwanda).

A couple of months ago, I felt compelled to look into child sponsorship. I didn't have a specific reason other than that it would provide alot of opportunities for discussion with Bailey and Blake about what's going on in other countries around the world and compassion for others. I thought that each of our kids could kinda of adopt another kid from another country by sending letters, packages, and praying for them. Interestingly that same week Alison (my sister-in-law) had also just had a conversation with Kyle about that same thing. Then it was 2 Sundays later that we were at church with them and sure enough a group called African New Life Ministries was there offering child sponsorships to children in Rwanda. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Anyways, we decided to sponsor two children. One in honor of Bailey and one in honor of Blake. When the kids get older we want to let them pick out a kid themself, but for now since they are so young we did this for them. So, introducing...

Jane


AND

Emmanuel


"You can't change the world, but you can change the world for one." -Charles Buregeya

No comments: