Friday, August 27, 2010

God Mezger

About 2 weeks ago Bailey got a red balloon while leaving HEB. As I was putting Bailey in her car seat the red balloon detached itself from the string and began floating away. We watched it fly away as Bailey cried some of the biggest tears to this day. She had been holding the bottom part of the string so tightly so that it didn't fly away, therefore, she didn't understand what had happened. As I was explaining that it was gone, I finally came up with the fact that it had floated away to God. At the time all she could do was cry. For the past two weeks we have talked about the red balloon and God. Well, this past week when we were walking out of HEB with a new white balloon she told me that she could now share the red balloon with God Mezger since she had another balloon now. She was apparently not sharing it until that point. Also, just to make sure I heard right I ask what God's last name was: "Mezger". Oh, and she then informed me that God Mezger lives in the sky. So now at the dinner table we thank God Mezger for the food. Sometimes she even looks to the sky and talks to him about the red balloon.

Here is a very happy Bailey at home with the new balloon.


On a side note: This was a day that Bailey dressed herself: Grey Woody shirt (the other shirt involved in the clothing strike), pink skirt, pink converse, and red Elmo socks- nice.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

That's funny. Clinton still insists that Jesus can't like him. Not sure how I feel about that...kind of funny, kind of sad. :-)