I always expected my kids would share rooms. We have a 3 bedroom home and with Luke having a home office, I just thought that the kids would get one room and Luke's office the other room. We have tried sharing rooms, but it hasn't worked. For one, Blake wakes up 30-45 minutes earlier than Bailey and I enjoy staggering wake up, instead of the assualt I feel when they both wake up at the same time. And two, Bailey has pretty much given up her nap, so they would have to sleep seperately during naptime anyways. So, in the last month we moved Luke's office into the nook in our bedroom and gave each kid their own bedroom. They rooms are not complete, but here's a peek at all the changes.
Bailey's room (obviously)
We upgraded Bailey to a full-sized bed so that guests can stay there (if we ever have them) and spray painted the headboard and nightstand dark brown. We borrowed Tori's old bedding, which blended everything together (green walls, blue chair, yellow name decoration) so now all we just needs some fun stuff for the walls.
Blake's Room
Nothing Fancy. Just the hand-me-downs from Bailey, but he is finally sleeping in his crib and it only took 11 months!!! Still needs some wall paint and wall hangings hung, oh and a dresser, but otherwise done.
And the Office.
Fun times at the Mezgers!
No comments:
Post a Comment