It's been a month or so since I did an update on Blake and since this has turned into my baby book of sorts here's the stuff I want to remember about him at this point.
I would describe him as just your average 14 month old. As far as communication goes, he is saying momma, dah-dah, sissa and is signing all done and milk. Currently we are working on uh-oh and signing food. He can also communicate that he wants something by waving one hand and saying mamma until he thinks I get it. Around his first birthday Bailey taught him to "roar" like a dinosaur, which is a really deep growl. He also likes to play where's the body part game. We have only gotten to ear, nose, and sometimes eye, which it's fun except for the fact that he pokes at your ear and eye and pinches your nose.
Blake is totally a little boy when it comes to his interests. He loves to ride/push trucks, airplanes and our little McQueen car. Also if it has wheels and makes a noise then you really have him hooked. When we were at my parents he could have ridden in my dad's tractor and gator for hours. One really sweet thing he has taken to doing is sitting at our front window waving bye, bye to daddy when he leaves for work. He will then usually stay there watching the cars go by and driving cars on the window ledge. At the park, he loves to explore and scare me a bit kinda like his older sister, but more cautious. He love, love, loves slides. He will go as long as I would let him I think. In our house he loves to jump and crash on our couch or the beds, something that entertains him for long periods of time, but something that needs constant supervision.
He is still napping twice a day, but I predict when Bailey is out of school and they can nap together at an earlier time that he will go down to one nap. He continues to loves his giraffe pillow for sleeping. He will either hug it, sleep on it like a pillow, or just chew on the ears
The tv remotes, trashcans, toilets, the dishwasher and the garage continue to be irrestistable temptations. He is still a totally stinker when it comes to changing his diaper. He hates diaper changes and is something we try to get over with as quickly as possible.
Something that is totally the influence of having an older sister is that he is starting to use a fork at meals. He is not super efficient yet, but tries really hard and if he can't get it with the fork then he just uses his hands. Blake still surprises me with how much he eats. Oh, and he has 9 teeth so far. A back molar popped through about a month ago, which was really hard on him. I suspected he was teething about a month before I actually saw that he was and was beginning to get worried- fussy ALOT, waking up in the night, loose stools, didn't want to eat as much.
One day recently I was picking up the house while Blake was getting a snack. I returned 10 minutes later and he had fallen asleep in his chair.
No comments:
Post a Comment