Friday, December 21, 2012

We Have a Flushing Problem, But Not An Eating One

Both Bailey and Blake are going through a phase in which they are forgetting to flush. The result is that Blair has had some healthy servings of both poop and pee. It's so gross and it's top of my list to take care of.

Last Saturday I went in the bathroom to check on Blake. I look in the potty and there is poop. I ask him if he went poo-poos and he says no. I make a note to talk to Bailey about flushing, when I look on the floor and there's poop- hummmm? I clean it up and continue what I am doing. Luke finds Blair in the living room a minute later and thinks she has gotten into chocolate, but as he gets closer it's not. She apparently grabbed it by the handful and traveled with it down the hall making her own "poocassa" and also having a little snack. Lucky for us none made it on the carpet, just the bathroom floors and walls. Nothing a little Clorox can't take care of.

Today, it was Blake's pee and a bit of toilet paper. And since we apparently don't feed this girl she finished off her second breakfast with dog food and then pulled down a plate full of cookies.

Bad news for Blair is that this is the type of story that sticks around and we tell about her when she is older.

Good news is that Blake is in underwear all the time except preschool, where he has made up his mind that he doesn't have to go. Yesterday though he did stay dry the whole time at preschool and I am confident that our 3 week break from preschool will solve that. It's a good thing too because I saw some numbers in our November budget that I didn't think was possible and I would love to not pay for pull-ups.

And because we are on the topic of poop, this was awhile back, but I learned to be very specific with Blake-

This is what happened when I told him to poop in the bathroom (instead of the potty). Notice anything out of place? 

 
And I won't mention the trip to Chick-fil-A with the Kuykendalls, but let's just say that restaurants that cater to kids with playgrounds are probably not as clean as you think...

No comments: