I can't believe we are already on our third week of school! Bailey goes Mondays & Wednesdays to Austin Classical and I homeschool her on Tuesdays & Thursdays with what her teacher tells me to teach. The best way I know how to explain what we are doing is a homeschool hybrid. We truly believe this was the right decision for Bailey for many reasons, however, preschool hasn't started yet, which means Blake and Blair are at home while I am teaching Bailey
AND although I am
loving teaching Bailey, it has been a little challenging learning to juggling everything and everyone. One example of this, is that my kitchen table is now the place we eat, the place we do school, my desk, my dumping ground, & where I fold laundry. Try to keep it ready for its needed purpose has been a learning opportunity that I am getting better at each day, but needless to say these first few weeks have been harder than I thought so when homeschooling looked like this the other day I took a picture, but that was for one second and just to be clear- this is not normal! Normal was too messy for a picture.
One cute story:
Bailey learned a song about the 7 continents the first week of school. Well, this week she is learning about the vowels and consonants & consonants and continents sure sound a lot alike to her. Really confused, Bailey eventually said how can there be 21consonants when there are 7 at which point she started naming them- North America, South America, Europe, etc. After some giggling, I realized the mistake and helped her understand the two different words, but I agree they sound a lot alike.
Oh, and to Bailey's delight they also learned about dinosaurs & fossils last week and her teacher sent me this picture of my future paleontologist. I love Bailey's teacher and the time she took to send this to me.
Looking forward to next week when Blake and Blair start preschool and everyone gets on schedule because this girl may be cute, but she is a mess, A MESS!
No comments:
Post a Comment