Saturday, September 7, 2013

Mezger Family Fun Days

The older two had been asking to have some family adventures lately, as if we don't spend enough time with them as it is. Let's just say that their persistence won out.
 
Family Fun Day #1 was a canoeing trip on Lady Bird Lake. The plan was that I would walk the trail around the lake and meet Luke by Zilker park to trade kids and then we would meet back up at the Rowing Center. It was very hot and I am very out of shape, but the kids LOVED it, especially seeing all the swans up close. I had no idea how many there were!
 
Luke and Bailey's turn 
 



 
And then Blake's turn!



We saw this swan as we chased Luke & Blake around.

 
Family Fun Day #2 was heading out to fish at Uncle Doug's Dock. It was actually a slow day of fishing, but that's okay because we just rode the paddle boat and swam more, but that's not to say we didn't try to fish. I actually accused Luke at one point of doing something wrong because the fish kept eating our bait, but we did eventually get some catches.
 

Playing with the worms.

 
I was the first to get a catch, but it was only a perch and NOT what the kids wanted to see.

 
They wanted us to catch "Mr. Whiskers" or catfish so we can fry them up.


Blake was SO patient and tried SO hard to catch a fish and didn't. I was very proud of how he took it. 


No comments: