A few quick pre-church pictures
Tara's Easter decoration contribution.
What I will remember about the church service- We arrived 5 minutes before church and the seats that we could get were 3 rows from the front. Add to that the fact that we had 6 young kids trying to sit through big church and let's just say it was not my most attentive listening Sunday.
Nana Mary with her youngest great-grandchild Betsy.
What I will remember about the egg hunting- Well, after trading this holiday off with my MIL for 11 years, I accidently did it her way of just letting the kids run out of the house instead of a start line with and official on-your-mark-get-set-GO and listening to the "rules", which is the Tackett way....oops. This meant that my older 3 hunted in the little kid area, but I think all was righted by the end I hope. I also messed up by not waking Beau up from his nap to hunt, which I regretted. I also want to note that since Tori did not come home, the torch of egg hunters officially passed to the kids.
These silly kids!
Note the rain boots- not only was it cold, but wet also.
Thanks Gigi & Tara for all the goodies!
Blake- What I will remember most about you is that you had a very sweet time with Colt and are now buddies.
Egg Dying with Franny
So the Monday after Easter after school, Franny came over to dye eggs and do a little hunt. It was great and the kids loved it!
This should tell you the time of day...
Beau's 1st egg hunt... in pjs. : ) He found 2 thanks to a little head start. This is what I will remember about you, that you are an official walker these days.
Ms. Blair- what I will remember most about you this Easter is you toting Peter Cottontail around everywhere and that during both egg hunts that you gave away major goodies- gum, chalk, & literally all your dyed eggs to your brother when he was having sad/jealous feelings. What a sweet heart you have.
And the winner, because it's always has to be a competition despite my best efforts goes to Blair, but since she gave hers to Blake, then the award goes to Blake, which really upset Bailey who only found 6 and that is "SO unfair!!!"
And all the eggs, bunnies, jealousy, comparison, competition always provided good conversations about what Easter is really about- an empty tomb & a risen savior & sins forgiven!
A other few pictures from the weekend-
What I will remember most about Bailey is that she is determined that "she is a country girl" and can't understand why we have to live in the city. As soon as we were home Sunday evening it was quick baths before bedtime. While getting dried off she said with a sad face that, "You just washed all the country off me". : (


No comments:
Post a Comment