Saturday, September 5, 2015

Homeschool Prep & Post School Pictures

So this is what my Monday and Wednesday night look like-  a glass of tea, a sweet treat, two lesson plans, & books as I start prepping for 2nd & Kinder. Right now it is taking me an hour and a half, but I am hoping to speed that up as we go and get in a rhythm.


This is what my house looks like on Tuesdays & Thursdays. My table is just a touch too small, so my organization skills are lacking as I move from the carpet in Kinder to table in 2nd and shift stuff up and down and back to table for Kinder then carpet for 2nd.


And it is just not my homeschool room- this is the bomb that exploded in my kitchen as I go full throttle 8 am-4 pm to get it all done.


Two things I added this year are kinesthetic sand, which the kids call "medical sand" and magna tiles for the kid getting a break. They can only use them on homeschool days and they play with them for hours and hours and hours!


One more from another angle.


Hear me that the days are long, but I do enjoy it and it is worth it even if I have to relinquish the control over what my house looks like at the end of the day. 

What's been fun is to realize how much the kids pick up on each other's work. So here is Blair's version of the first part of the Lord's prayer in Latin.



No comments: