Friday, September 21, 2007

Birth & Coming Home Pictures

Written 1/28/16

You can read Bailey's birth story here:

http://themezgerfamily.blogspot.com/2008/09/one-year-ago-today.html

Here are the hospital & coming home pictures:

9/14






Lots of family visitors since we had miss Bailey so close to home.












9/15 & 9/16

Bailey had surgery when she was 24 hours old to remove a tissue growth on her bottom gum ridge. When the nurses first handed me Bailey seconds after she was born, they tried to prep me that something was wrong in her mouth. All I remember thinking was "just give me my baby and that no matter what could possibly be wrong that she was perfect in my mind". There was lots of waiting around until visiting time at the NICU.






She ended up getting jaundice due to the fact that it was hard to get her to eat with a sore mouth and stitches.



I remember her looking like a giant in the NICU, especially since she was all puffy and swollen in the face.





This is my attempt at a picture of Bailey's stitches. 



9/17 

Tori & my mom went to buy me some new clothes since I didn't bring any with me because I was NOT going to have the baby on our quick roadtrip.


9/18

Bailey taking a bottle, which was a requirement for leaving the hospital (successful bottle or breast feeding).














Luke & I are actually thankful we had her in Fort Worth because a children's hospital was attached to Harris Methodist hospital, so I stayed at the hospital too while she recovered. if we had been in Austin I would have been discharged and had to travel back & forth to Dell Children's hospital. And here is the whole reason we were in Fort Worth. : )




No comments: