Monday, July 14, 2008

10 months old

Bailey is 10 months old today! Here's an update about what she has been up to lately:

Just a week ago another tooth on the bottom came through. That would make a total of 5 teeth. The bottom teeth don't seem to bother her when they are coming like the top ones do, so it wasn't a big deal. I finally got a shot with her top teeth!

I guess it is inevitable that the more teeth you get the more you want to bite things. Just yesterday Bailey laid her head down on my face and I thought it was so sweet until the teeth came down on my cheek and she would not let go. Luke couldn't figure out why I was yelling and pulling Bailey off me until he saw the teeth marks.

She is eating more and more solid foods. She still takes 2-3 bottles a day, but now eats 2-3 big girl meals. She is eating cut up fruits and vegetables, beans, nuts, bread, crackers, meat, and cheese. We have also transitioned her to a cup with a straw for drinking juice. I love it because I can now order a vegetable and children's drink for her at a restaurant and not have to worry about packing the baby bag. Speaking of food, one thing she particularly loves is the Gerber puffs. She has learned to pop the top open with her teeth and stick her hand in to get some.

When she was 9 months old we took away the pacifier because she would throw a fit if she saw it on the countertop or in my purse. All I could think about was if it's this bad now, what is it going to be like in a few months. We decided to use the cold turkey method and all the pacis just disappered one day. It was not as bad as I thought, but we have definately have had to work on our distraction strategy in restaurants which solid food has helped with.

During the last month we had to baby-proofed the house as she gets into everything. She is very active, and doesn't want to sit still. Poor little girl, because she just can't figure out why the cabinets won't open up anymore for her, but still work for mom and dad. Also, she now only has to hold onto things with one hand to cruise. Just the other day she let go of what she was holding onto and stood for 4 seconds. We quickly got out the camera to try to capture it, but of course that didn't happen. She has done it one other time when Franny could witness it.

Writing this, I just feel like my little girl is growing up too fast. I am so excited for each new step forward, but sad for the sweet moments that have past. It has been neat getting to know Bailey and her unique personality. I would describe her a someone who loves to be around people, and to be out of the house discovering the world around her. She is quite dramatic when she get hurt, but quickly wants to get back in the action. I have never met a baby with so many bumps and bruises, but I am sure they are out there. Luke and I would both put her in the strong-willed category. She seems to know what she wants and let's just say she doesn't appreciate if you don't agree with her.

3 comments:

The Fam said...

Isn't it funny how their little personalities start to shine through, even at such a young age!

The Mezgers said...

Happy Birthday Bam Bam! See you soon! --Owen

John and Christy said...

Too cute! Love the video - she's so determined. She'll be running around the house before you know it. :)