Thursday, August 14, 2008

Visiting the Grandparents

This is how I feel. I want to keep doing young things, but I am getting older all the time. I have especially felt this way since becoming a parent. I don't feel any older, but all of a sudden I feel like I should dress and act a certain way. You might say that I have felt like I should act my age. Well, I found out those rules don't apply when visiting my parent's house. Thank goodness!


I went up there to attend a wedding and stayed the week to attend a Family Reunion the following weekend. Bailey spent her first night away from Luke and I two weekends ago. Luke was in Meridian visiting with his mom, brother, Ali, and Owen, while I attended a wedding of a long time family friend in Oklahoma. Grandma Brenda and Uncle Andrew stayed home and took care of Bailey.


During the week, Bailey has learned some new words, which are dit-dit-dit (kitty kitty kitty), and ju ju (We were trying to teach her Andrew, but we have learned that it also means just about anything). Eventually we will teach Bailey to say Tor- tor. Speaking of Tor-Tor, she is turning 16 this fall, and I decided to take it upon myself to give her some time behind the wheel. We drove to Stephenville where the local HEB was having an amazing sale on Puffs and Bailey was in heaven in her shopping cart.

I also had some time this week to battle the sewing machine and the winner is... ME!!! I had recently found some fun sewing projects, but tried and failed them on my own. So, I brought them to my mom and we sewed up a storm. One fun idea that Tori had found on the web is a pillowcase purse. Here is the link for anyone interested:

http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.0e0eb51a2e6b5ad593598e10d373a0a0/?vgnextoid=d496330b00a22110VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&autonomy_kw=pillowcase

We concluded our time in Santo as I said earlier, attending the McKinzie Family Reunion where Bailey got to show off for my Dad and Nana (her great grandmother). Everyone couldn't believe how tan and active she was. Both of these things are very true. She is not the type of baby to sit in your lap and I am not the type of parent to be right beside her following her around. I prefer to conserve energy and watch from afar sometimes. This allowed Bailey many opportunities to meet most of her relatives.

No comments: