Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween

We celebrated this Halloween by having a few friends and family over for a potluck and some trick or treating. It was so fun seeing everyone in costume, and I certainly was pleased with how our costumes turned out (although we were all extremely hot until the sun went down). Here are some pictures from the night.


Oscar, Elmo, and Cookie Monster


We even made her lion a costume. I tried to do a practice run with Bailey and her costume (as well as lion and his costume) the day before Halloween, and it was a disaster. I wasn't even sure if I would get Bailey in her costume on Halloween. Luckily a sucker helped with that, although she had fun with it once Luke and I put ours on.

Luke as Oscar the Grouch.
(I think he looks too happy- what so you think?)


Mel as Cookie Monster.
Everyone seemed to be thinking the same thing and we had all sorts of cookies for dessert. Cookie Monster was in heaven, but ate too many :{.


Luke and Mel


Old Bible Study Friends- Lisa and Emily


Mel and Chelsie


All the Sesame Street Characters- Emmy was Abby Cadabby


Mommy and Bailey.


Franny and Bailey


Christof, Elijah, Luke, and Bailey about to set off trick or treating.
Christof- Thanks for dressing up for the first time in 20 years! You and Em looked great!!!


Bailey and Owen. Owen went as Boots from Dora the Explorer.


Knock, knock, knock. Trick or Treat. It was amazing how quickly Bailey (and really all the 2 year olds) picked up what to do.



All the older kids after trick or treating. From left to right: Owen, Nathan, Bailey, Oliver, Abby, and Emmy.

And now the planning for next year begins!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

oh my! Looks like it was a sucess.

Courtney said...

Love it! We're talking about dressing up with our kids next year....we'll see! Y'all looked great!

Brenda said...

it was a success
i guess I should preview before publishing.....