Christmas Day was spent mostly at Franny's for lunch and time with her, Uncle Kyle, Aunt Ali, Owen, and Rebecca. Bailey definately got the hang of opening presents. This was Bailey and Owen opening one of their presents.
Christmas at Franny's wouldn't be complete without naptime (for adults and kids) and the playing of games. Bailey did something really big and actually napped in Franny's bed and again at my Nana's house. Those of us who stayed up got to play a game, which is something I have been craving to do for months, but has seemed almost impossible with kids, bedtimes, illnesses, and schedules.
One of the other new traditions we started this year was to make a Happy Birthday Jesus Cake. I got this specific cake idea from a blog I follow and with my sister-in-laws cooking expertise this is what we pulled off.
The day after Christmas was spent in Santo with my family where we just missed seeing all the snow they got. Bailey loved playing in and eating the few inches of snow that were left over. She and Pa even got into a small snowball fight from what I heard.
Bailey got many fun gifts to enjoy. The picture below was taken a couple days after Christmas when Bailey and Owen were enjoying a present my brother got her while we were watching the Aggies lose to Georgia. He got her a bag of these balls that we put in the pack n play and let her jump and play in.
Sadly we didn't take many pictures this year (something I want to make sure doesn't happen again), but it was a wonderful Christmas.
2 comments:
So fun, and I love the pic of the bites out of the cake. ;o)
About the cake. There were may adults watching her with the cake.
The first pass was just icing and she was surprised no one said anything! The second pass was longer and deeper. Third time she hooked her finger and went deep getting a chunk. Next time she just came and stood in front of the cake.
We had a great time watching her enjoy the cake. It reminded us of other children and past Christmas'.
Post a Comment