Well, we survived the first month! We have had some good days and some tough days, and on the tough days I have just had to remind myself that the newborn phase doesn't last that long. I have also had to remind myself that just like in teaching where no two students (even if they are siblings) are the same, my two kids are not going to be the same. Tricks that worked with Bailey don't work with Blake and I have had to do some experimenting to figure him out. The picture below is the result of that experimenting. I would title it
Content and It Only Took A Swing, a Pacifier, Being Swaddled, and Some Vacuum Noise.
Normally it doesn't take quite this much to make him happy, but he does love to be held and bounced around. If only I could hold him all the time. The sling or baby bjorn have been life savers to getting stuff done around the house, and when he will let me I use the swing and bouncy chair. Two other things that I have learned that he really likes are baths and going for walks, so we have been doing alot of both. He are some pictures of him in the swing and bouncy chair. He is really hard to get pictures of because his hands are so busy and are usually up by his face.
One of the best things lately is that he is sleeping longer and longer stretches at night. The last couple of night he has actually sleep 5 consecutive hours! One unique thing about him is that he likes to smile in the first few minutes after falling asleep. My mom commented that he must be having good dreams. In other sleep news I think I have remastered the nurse, burp, and try to move him as little as possible when laying him back down trick. This also took some experimenting this time around. Aren't newborns sweet when they are sleeping!
The only thing harder than getting a picture of Blake might be getting one of him with his sister and two cousins. Thanks to Franny we have had two family dinners at her house this month to celebrate Luke and I's 30th birthdays. I love this picture and of course when I went to take it they were all smiling. I also love the next one of him and Becca.
Besides getting in some good time with his cousins, Blake has also gotten in some good time with daddy since I have gone back to work. Luke had both kids this past Friday night, and Blake all day Saturday. To say that Luke did great would be an understatement. He had the house picked up, all the laundry done and a happy baby when I came home on Saturday!!!
I think that's all I got. Easter pictures coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment