Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"Store Story" (meaning Toy Story)

We have waited a long time for the new Toy Story movie. Toy Story 1 & 2 would probably rank just below Cars for Bailey. Last night we went with our good friends Kaite and Emmy to see Toy Story 3 and it did not disappoint. It definately kept us on our seats, and even scared us a little, but ended well. I can't believe how well Bailey and Emmy did for their first movie in a theatre. They both sat so still that Katie and I were moving them around because we had sweat spots where they were sitting. So my only question is when did movie tickets go to $10? I know this will make me sound old, but don't you remember the good old days of $4 and $5 movie tickets?

Anyways, to start the party off Bailey got Emmy a new t-shirt to wear, and Emmy got Bailey a new Buzz sippy cup. Bailey picked out her own shirt, which was royal blue so she did accidently get called a boy at the theatre. Oh well, it had "Hoody" aka Woody on it and that's what mattered. Here are the girls all ready to go in!

We were all so excited, and I had forgotten how long previews can be. I can't tell you how many times Bailey asked "store story coming?"

To end the evening we had Alien cupcakes. I got inspired by a picture of these in a parenting magazine and decided it would make the evening fun.

Thank you Disney Pixar! We are eternally grateful!

3 comments:

cheryl said...

So cute! What a fun and creative momma you are. :o)
We were thinking about taking the girls. Did you think there were very many "scary" parts? About the same as the fist 2?

Courtney said...

Oh, I can't wait to go! And I love the cupcakes....those are too cute!

The Mezger Family said...

Cheryl- It was definately scarier and a little more violent than 1&2. Bailey did fine with it, but the other little girl we were with cried at some points.