If you remember from last year, my sister won a fetus cookie cutter at a white elephant party and wanted to make Christmas cookies with it to be silly. We know we are weird, but we had so much fun last year that I think it's going to be a yearly tradition. Drumroll please...I now present to you the baby Jesus fetus cookies from this year decorated by Tara on the left and Tori on the right. All others got eaten.
But let's start at the beginning. Since we made such a mess last year, I decided aprons were a must. I was going to surprise Tara with a new silly Christmas one, but I left my bag (with all my clothes, toiletries, and other odd stuff like the apron) in Austin so we dug around in my mom's old aprons and found this. Tara REALLY didn't want to wear it, but we convinced her it looked fine- he he.
Tara got silly and decided everyone had to wear reindeer horns.
Yep, in case you are wondering, my mom does have enough reindeer horns for everyone, even Blake.
On a sad note we broke a spatula and my mom's mixer- : (.
I also don't think she believed that my kitchen last year was dirtier than hers this year.
Sampling as we went.
Finally getting to decorate the cookies.
And lastly, Bailey getting to decorate after naptime. Thanks to preschool and all her art projects I think she had the hang of it.
Anyone else out there have a weird family tradition?
2 comments:
I am looking forward to next years baking party. Need new mixer and spoons! Thanks for all the prep work you did to help.
I feel like a new blender and spoon is in order for someone's Christmas gift next year...haha :) Too fun! I think you are so blessed to have such fun sister's to cut up with and a mom who is still willing to put up with it after all of these years :) Looks like fun times!
Post a Comment