Warning I was a little camera happy because I haven't been home in three years for Christmas Eve/Day, it was Blair's first time to celebrate, and I was using Tori's fancy schmancy camera, so it might be picture overload!
Looking Through Old Christmas Photos
My mom loves to scrapbook and one of the yearly traditions is to look through all the old Christmas photobooks and talk about our favorites. In honor of that, here's one of Blair (top) wearing the same Christmas pjs as Bailey (bottom) did her first Christmas. Bailey is 3.5 months old here.
Decorating Baby Jesus Fetus Cookies
Tara, the one who started this tradition, with her baby Jesus fetus pre-decoration.
My mom sewed all the girls new aprons. I think last years mess justified these.
Here are Bailey and I with ours on.
The sister picture (Tori- you must have been standing on your toes)
Luke and Robby joining the fun. Anytime you get these boys together, they are bound to do something silly.
But, it better be clean, silly fun because the eyes of Santa are always upon you.
Bailey's Baby Jesus Fetus
Tori with her winning "Sweet Baby Party Jesus"
Robby's 2nd place "Sweet Baby Blair"
Christmas Eve
Growing up it was always spent at my Nana's house for pizza and gift opening from my dad's side of the family.
Here's Nana getting to meet Blair.
This year we might have had a record crowd of 17 people!
We took ALOT of pre-present opening pictures, but here are a few.
One silly, random tradition we have is to steal pecans off of the pecan pie and try not to get caught. The adults DO NOT approve, but it doesn't stop the "kids". : )
With 17 people opening presents, you found a spot and "tried to keep your head above water".
Christmas Eve Pjs
A tradition I have stolen from my mom.
Christmas Day
We start with stockings.
Here's Bailey with the hand-stitched stocking my mom made her.
And new this year is Blake's stocking.
It seemed odd to me that Blake disappeared once the present opening started, but we quickly found him here. He is probably going to hate this when he is older, but anytime he needed to "do his business" this is where he would hide. My dad was trying to intice him out with his new fishing pole.
Once he did come out, he and that fishing pole were inseperable.
More present opening.
At some point each year this outfit or an old Christmas sweater makes it's appearance.
AND here's Ms. Blair just hanging out with whoever would hold her.
Redeeming herself to Tara- a no blowout hold!
And since I was behind the camera I had to get a few of me and the kids.
Silly
And sweet.
Hang tight for pictures of Christmas round 2 with the Mezgers.
No comments:
Post a Comment