Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Three R's

And I am not doing any teacher talk, but rather, just what this mom needed-
 
I am relaxed,
 rested,
 and refreshed!
 
 
THANK YOU PORT A!!!
 
 I don't know if there is a better trip you can take with young kids than the beach. Plus, it doesn't hurt that after 4 consecutive trips to the beach (with 3 of them being to Port A), I think we have a good rhythm & routine that works.
 
Two new things this year were that:
 
Ali and I joined the crab hunting as spotters. I think we would both say that it was a good experience and that the dads can handle it from now on.
 
We bought nets for catching minnows! The water at times was black with minnows and the kids and dads got quite good at catching them.
 
Other than that, the pictures will look alot like years past, although we keep adding kids each year. Uniquely, this trip we had a 5 year old (Bailey), 4 year old (Owen), 3 year old (Rebecca), 2 year old(Blake), 1 year old (Maggie), and 0 year old (Blair).
 
So I know you are probably ready for pictures, so here you go. They are mostly in order and my compliments again to Ali for doing such a great job.
 

This was Blair's first trip to the beach and she did not like the water at first. I still thought she was so cute in her bonnet even if she was going the wrong way.

 
She did love eating the sand.

 
Recognize these toys? It wouldn't be a Mezger trip without them.


 
Just like daddy. These boys were pretty inseperable, which is part of the reason I got the three r's.



 
Minnows!
 
 

 
Getting dirty.


 
Me and my girls. Thanks for the matching suits Gigi!

 
One with our Blair bear.

 
Boogie boarding with daddy.

 
 

Bailey



 
Me and Maggie hanging out

 
Bailey & Owen photoshoot in the sand dunes




 
Our big 5 year old
 
 
And a big 4+ year old
 
 
 
Future Proms Dates? I would be okay with that.

 
One of the sand castles.

 
Or is it a pool? Once the tide came in, it was.



Party hats for the birthday girl- Ali!
No pictures of her at her request because who wants their picture taken at 9 am.

 
 
Me and my helpers making a healthier birthday dessert.


 

Owen is quite the Uno player and got us hooked. Bailey had just played two +4 cards and I was the lucky recipient.


 
Bailey's stink eye.

 
The good sportsman

 
Should I try to let Bailey win or win myself. Hummmmmm.
 
 
 
On the pier watching the big boats.



 
One of the two times we opted for the pool instead of the beach.



 
Snuggles with Nana during their afternoon movie.

 
Blake imitating the real maintainer. So fun!

 
More boogie boarding.
 
 

 
When Blair figured out she could walk with the dump truck, we joked that she was off to Corpus.


 
Check her out!
 
 
Thankfully Blake soon occupied her with rides.
 
 

 Crab hunting trip #1.
 


 
A Mezger Homes sand model completed with help from the Jr Builders. Unfortunately Luke didn't take out flood insurance so it's not ready to move in. : )

 
Family Photo

 
More sand eating for Blair. They loved this hole.

 
Meanwhile Bailey was in another kinda hole as she got buried.
 

 
Owen's turn!

 
Bailey got buried again and Blair was SO excited when she saw Bailey.

 
We had to hold back the attack. It could have been payback...


 
If Maggie wasn't in her mommy's arms or napping beachside, then this was her spot.

 
Blair like it too.

 
So we thought we would give it a try.

 
A great sister-in-law and friend!


 
The Mezger Women

 
The Mezger Cousins

 
And my favorite one of the kids with Nana. I think it captures them well. The dark spot by Nana's head is the sand that Bailey had just thrown.

 
Crab hunting #2.
 
 
I was quite impressed with the kids lack of fear for crabs.
 

 
And one with the shark as I was souvenir shopping. 

 
I will live on these memories till next year!

1 comment:

Cristina said...

That seems like so much fun! What great pictures. You guys have such a beautiful family. :)