Friday, February 28, 2014

In Memory of Our Snails and Bailey's New Zoomer

Bailey's Kindergarten year for me will be known as the year of "wanting a pet".

If you remember right before kindergarten Bailey captured a turtle- Princess Perfawna, which after a week we released back to the pond because she wasn't eating and it was too much work to keep fresh pond water at our house.

Next came a lizard she captured, but we released him too so that he would live.

As soon as school started Bailey was quick to notice that her school has a huge population of snails and they have been coming home with her ever since early October. I feel like I have been great about it, but if the weather is nice then I want them outside. Well, guess who forgot to bring them in during some freezing weather. Ooops! We are hoping they found a warm spot when they escaped.

A couple of stories-

Luke accidently threw away what he thought was just empty or broken shells (because those come home too) and one had a live snail in it and climbed his way out of the trash and was stuck to the lid. His name was Hurt Shell.

Another snail called Turbo got loose recently in the house for about a week and we found him in one of my big baking bowl where he had pooped. So gross and hence the reason I wanted them outside as much as possible.

So in memory of our snail collection.








So let me back up to September when Bailey found the perfect solution to her wanting a pet when she saw a Zoomer in her Jr National Geographic magazine. The only problem was that they cost $80- $90. That is alot of money period, but especially so for a 6 year old to have to save up for all by herself!!! Birthday money, lemonade stand money, selling many, many, many pictures to generous family members, chore money and almost 6 months later and she finally has her Zoomer.

Elation does not even describe it. She LOVES it!







I just hope it was all worth it and that the Zoomer lives up to expectations because this is the kind of pet I will let us keep. : )

No comments: