Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Austin Rodeo

I wasn't sure how or when we were going to get the the Austin Rodeo this year, but to say that my crew was excited for it would be an understatement. I am thankful for friends who are on top of things and a quick plan was formed last Wednesday to knock this off my list. One funny thing I realized was that as I was telling people we were going to the rodeo it dawned on me that I have never actually been to the Austin Rodeo, but that we make and event out of the Stock Show and Fairgrounds-  details, smetails to the kids, but a big difference to an adult. Anyways, Blake has literally been asking about the Rodeo since he got his new cowboy shirt & boots for Christmas and as Danielle put it "we sent his year three out with a bang". I can't believe that as I write this that Blake is 4!!!

 All ready to head out! 

I should mention that this was Luke's first time out there and I was so thankful for an extra set of hands at 38.5 weeks pregnant.


Trying out the tractors is an activity all in of itself. 


Meanwhile on the trampoline...


This is one of the things Bailey was really looking forward too!



Sweet friends.


Blair LOVED the babies at the petting zoo, but the overaggressive & in your face adults not so much. I have never seen her so scared as when an adult goat came after her looking for food, but we will focus on the sweet babies that she smothered with love.



Bailey really liked it too until this one started eating on her shirt at which point she was done. 

Can I just mention here that she dressed herself (like last year) in what in her mind is a real cowgirl outfit- boots, plaid shirt, bandana, hat, braids...doesn't matter if they match.


Aren't they cute!


Pony rides! 

Anyone recognize this hat from a Halloween costume a few years back when Bailey was Woody? If Bailey was going to wear a hat then so was Blake.


Blair's first pony ride!


A total cheese face.


If you count the fact that you can see the stroller behind Danielle, which is where Marlow was then this is us with all our kids...until next week.


A milking presentation...I see my near future.


 Getting ready for the pig races


Go Aggies!

 

B dancing with this horse.


 My peeps are somewhere up there!




 Blake's first roller coaster ride! As soon as it was over with the biggest grin he said "THAT WAS TOTALLY AWESOME!"


This one loved it too, but also admitted that she was pretty nervous.


What a fun afternoon/evening with the Kuykendalls! Glad we got to sneak this in and let me tell you that the kids wore themselves out because we heard snoring about 5 minutes after leaving.

No comments: