Friday, July 11, 2014

Blake at 4

Blake,

You are at such a fun, fun age and there are just some things I don't want to forget about you and age 4. Some of these might stay the same and some may change, but here is a glimpse of what life is like in your world.
  • You have the sweetest heart (most of the time), but especially so when it comes to your brother. For example, you want to sit behind Beau in the back of the van so you can help him if he cries or put his paci back in. You are great at getting him to stop crying. If you get something you always ask if Beau can have it too. Oh, and you still love to give me the I love you sign when we you have to say goodbye.
  • As best as I can tell you are a physical touch and quality time kid.
  • I would describe you as sensitive. 
  • I would also describe you as dramatic about injuries and/or when your feelings get hurt.
  • You are kinda shy in new environments & don't always transition well.
  • You are the most particular person about your clothes and room I have ever met. Often times you will pick out your clothes the night before by laying them out perfectly flat and you wear your favorite outfits as soon as they are washed. I also often find you cleaning your room because it got too dirty. Everything has a specific place. On the dirty note, you will change clothes if they get too dirty. 
  • You are a creature of habit. I mostly see this when it comes to the fact that you like to listen to the same CD every night and want to read the same books instead of new ones.
  • You get very embarrassed when you are disciplined in front of others and your response shows it.
  • I think you are going to be a perfectionist. When learning how to write your name you would get frustrated that it wasn't just right.
  • When it comes to your friends you stick to the boys. Same with adults, you prefer men to women. You also seem like you will be the kind of kid to have a few close friends rather than many friends that you aren't as close with.
  • You do NOT like or want to get bossed around by kids. It is very frustrating to you! You also don't always like when you think you are getting bossed around by an adult or maybe you just don't want to do what they are asking, but you handle it differently than with kids.
  • You are more of an introvert than Bailey. I am not completely sure you are an introvert, but if you have been doing lots of social things you just naturally retreat to your room for alone time. There are also many times you need a 5 minute break while at a playdate before rejoining the group or your friend.
  • If you thinks you have been misunderstood, you will say, "no, no, no, no, no, no, no" before trying to get whomever to understand. 
  • When ask what your name was the other day you responded with "Blake Colt Penny Mezger." It's really Blake Colton Mezger, but we always tell you that your middle name is like Colt's so I guess there has been some confusion.
  • Legos and coloring occupy hours of your day. I would be shocked if you didn't get out your colors and draw or color something one day. I am so proud of how well you can stay in the lines.
  • I know you can go to bed without your back rubbed, but you sure do like it.
  • You love to climb just like your sister. 
  • Superheros and construction are still your things. 
  • You often talk about working for your dad one day. 
  • The past is always "the other day" or "yesterday".
Thanks for lighting up my days with your smile. Here are some pictures that capture this time.







The first time you wrote your whole name legibly.


What your people look like.


Other art work





1 comment:

Leah said...

He is such a handsome kid!