Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Halloween

Halloween 2015- The year of dragons & jedis. 

Sadly, last year I gave up family themed costumes for Mezger girls & Mezger boys themed costumes, which we repeated this year. Bailey & Blair still love How to Train Your Dragon and Blake just finished watching all 6 Star Wars. Blake specifically wanted Luke to be Luke Skywalker as an X-wing flyer and Bailey & Blair decided I would be Stormfly.



 

I had my usually Halloween potluck and these were the kids.


And the adults.


The rest of these are our trick-or-treating adventures of running into the Risingers, scaring the witches of Cordova Street, and seeing a huge, moving R2D2. Beau was completely content just riding in the car, but did not go trick-or-treating. We did quite a big lap this year and although the kids swore they weren't ready to go to bed or tired, they had a hard time walking back home, but they weren't tired.
















So, those are the witches of Cordova Street that scared Bailey for the first time 2 years ago. It is what partly inspired Bailey's lion costume last year as she wanted to get them back. Well, I just thought I would share Bailey's creative writing piece about this:

Beware the witches! On Halloween, the witches of Cordova Street make kid soup to try to frighten the trick-or-treaters by telling them they will put them in it. I plan to get revenge for them scaring me with my Toothless costume. My plan is to sneak up on them, roar, and pretend to shoot a plasmablast, which is really silly string. Halloween is almost here and I hope to terrify the scary witches.






Happy Halloween!
My Halloween-loving heart is full and I can't wait to see what my kids come up with for next year.

No comments: