Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Meridian High School Reunion

The inevitable happened this weekend for Luke... he had his 10 year high school reunion. We arrived with enough time to look back through his old yearbooks. Mr Best Dressed got ready and we headed to dinner, and then the game. Franny had fun showing off Bailey, while Luke enjoyed trying to catch up with old friends. I think the only sad thing for Luke was that not very many people showed up.

I finally got the classic Mezger homecoming photo in front of the fireplace.

Bailey loved the half time band performances. Here she is showing off her dancing skills: the knee bend with head bob, and the beginning of the twist. It's good to know that she has some rhythm.

It's hard to really catch up with people at a noisy, crowded football game, so everyone got together for a Saturday night cookout. Here is the Meridian's Class of 1998 plus myself and a few kids. Top Row, Left to Right: Luke, Chad with Caleb. Bottom Row, Left to Right: Me, Brandi, Bridget with Payton (Brandi's daughter) and Connie.

While cleaning out her house, Franny found one of Luke's pee wee baseball shirt and pants. Feeling nostalgic Luke decided to try it on to see if it fit, and yes they still fit. He then started hitting baseballs for Blue to fetch. Also found while cleaning out Franny's house was an old 3rd grade love note that Luke said I could share. Since the love note was found at Luke's house we don't think Connie ever got it, so we got to share it at the reunion. I copied it exactly how it was written.
Dear Connie,
I love you very much. I want to merry you. Can we go on a date on the 30. I hope we kiss on our birthday the 21 of march. O please don't merry Zach. I want to have you. And don't merry inibudy in your class. Do you know why I love you is because your smart and ateligent and you are pretty and your eyes twinkle and when I go bye you or see you I fell love inside. But why do you hurt me. I be nice to you thou.
Love,
Luke Mezger

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Hey, guys...found your blog through Brandi's. So excited to see pictures of that adorable baby girl! Looks like things are going well. Loved the old love letter...too funny!

The Mezgers said...

I could read that love letter over and over and over and over and still laugh out loud every time. Quite the catch, Melissa! :)

Suzanne said...

Melissa!!!!! I'm so happy you found me!!! Bailey is ADORABLE...absolutely beautiful!! My best friend had a baby this year on Sept 14th. If I read your blog right, that's Bailey's birthday too...great day!

Kathy said...

Ok, I can't believe that Luke is having his 10 year reunion. That makes me feel really old. I haven't checked your blog in a while and I loved hearing your labor story. So exciting! Way, way better than either of mine!

harmony said...

luke- no wonder you had to play in the band in your football uniform... happy 10 year- sean