Sunday, November 7, 2010

Switching Gears

Since Halloween is over, it was time to starting thinking about Thanksgiving. The first thing we did was let Bailey pick out a special pair of PJs, which she traded all but 3 pieces of candy for. We picked them out about a week before and talked about trading them for candy so by Halloween she knew the drill. Thanks for the idea Cheryl! Here are the new jammies being enjoyed on the bouncy house the next day. Bailey was too busy enjoying the bouncy house to stop and take an upclose picture. The jammies are a kiddy version of psychadelic.

That day we also made our Thankful Turkey. I used to make these with my 5th graders and couldn't wait to do this with my family. Last year we laminated it and I want to keep them as a reminder of what we were thankful for each year. There is one feather for each day and we write what we are thankful for. Luke and I do one day, then Bailey, then us again, repeat. So far Bailey is thankful for her new fairy costume (we found one 50% off after Halloween), for preschool and that Abby goes there, and for her movies. I think she gets the idea???


Sorry for the poor quality of pictures, but we still don't have a camera so these taken with my i-phone.

3 comments:

The Reading Family said...

I LOVE your "thankful turkey"! This will be in the Reading house too if you don't mind us copying your awesome creativity ;)

rott said...

I'm with you Chelsie. TOTALLY stealing this idea. Just made one and Abe has already named him "Trevor the Turkey". Awesome!

Jodi

The Mezger Family said...

I can't take the credit for the turkey idea. It was either my 4th or 5th grade teacher that did it with me when I was little.