We had another good Thanksgiving this year full of the 4 f's- food, family, fun, and football. We also celebrated Tori's 18th birthday. Here is a quick recap.
A GIRL ONLY TURNS 18 ONCE
Bailey with the birthday girl.
Gigi and Pa with Blake
Soaking up our time with Tara. We sure are missing her.
What birthday would be complete without a surprise dance party? The picture is of Bailey and Uncle Fun dancing. Between Robby, Tara, Luke, Bailey, and me, I think we taught those high schoolers some new dance moves- ha, ha.
FOOD
Here's Bailey at her preschool feast. Pictures are compliments of Chelsie!
Thanksgiving just wouldn't be the same without my Nana's pies. They are the perfect finish to a delicious meal and probably the reason that both Luke and I are carrying around a couple more pounds than usual.
Blake and I after lunch.
FAMILY
Here's Blake with Aunt Kathy and Nana.
And the other great-grandparents, Meme and Papa with me and the kids.
The topic of conversation amongst the great-grandparents over the weekend was generational differences in husbands and helping with the kids and in the kitchen. My Nana couldn't get over the fact that the "women" were standing around in the kitchen on Thanksgiving morning while the "men" were cooking (frying) the turkey. My Meme told Papa about how she saw Luke changing diapers and feeding bottles. On both occasions all I could do was smile and giggle to myself, but I am VERY thankful that Luke helps both in the kitchen and with the kids.
FUN
For some fun we took Bailey ice skating.
It was hard work!
And we played in the leaves.
And on the hay bails.
FOOTBALL
Uncle Fun was up to no good when he taught Bailey the Longhorn hand sign.
Here she is trying to do it again. The Ags got the last laugh on the football field, which was the perfect ending to the day. Oh, and here is a sneak peek at Christmas card pictures.
It's Christmas Time, It's Christmas Time
Back at home it was time to do some decorating. All of our stockings hung by the chimney with care.
This is our tree for the year. I made the hard decision that our big tree couldn't withstand Blake, nor did I want to have to watch him all the time around the tree, so we simplified and just did this.
I can't believe it's already December, but according to Bailey it has been Christmas time since Black Friday. Let the craziness begin.

No comments:
Post a Comment