Tuesday, July 26, 2011

It's Going To Bee...

A Girl!!! Baby #3 is a Girl!

To have a little fun finding out the gender of #3, we decided to invite a few people over for dessert for a "gender reveal party". I saw this idea a year or two ago on the Today show when Josh and Anna Duggar (from 19 Kids & Counting) did it. Basically, you bring the results from your ultrasound in a sealed envelope to a bakery and ask them to bake a cake based on what's inside. When we cut into the cake it would be either pink meaning it's a girl or blue meaning it's a boy. We also ask our guests to guess what they thought it was going to be by either wearing pink or blue. I went with the bee theme because it was cute, but also because we are going to have all b lettered kid's names (sorry, but we haven't decided on that b name yet). Anyways, scroll down to get a peek at the party thanks to my personal, professional photographers Alison and Christal.
Here was the invite.


I really kept it low key, but I had to make a cute sign.


And the cake.


Here's everyone who thought it was going to be a boy.


And here's everyone who was right, just kidding, but this is everyone who thought it was going to be a girl.


Cutting the cake. I was SO nervous!




And to clean off all that cake and ice cream and to just beat the heat the kids enjoyed the Foshea's slip'n'slide and our little kiddie pool. The slip'n'slide was a hit, but I never really saw any of the kids really get it, but that's where Uncle Kyle came in and gave them a good push.






Not exactly sure what was going on here, but the cousins were trying to the slide together. I know at one point Owen was pushing Bailey,  but I think Bailey was riding Owen here.





1 comment:

cheryl said...

Y'all are so fun! I love it. This is a fun new trend that seems to bee catching on. I really like the "bee" theme.