Saturday, September 10, 2011

What Do Airplanes, Ratatouille, and Turkey All Have in Common?

Well, that's what my kids are talking about because of their daddy's trip. Luke left this past Tuesday to go visit his friend Walt who lives in Turkey. He went via France and spent a day there, where he sent us a picture of him in front of the Eiffel Tower, which Bailey instantly recognized from watching the Disney movie Ratatouille. Blake is now obsessed with airplanes, which he points to and says beep, beep and bye, bye da da. It's quite cute and I hope to get it on video.

Here's the little man of the house pointing to an airplane. This week we had his 18 month old check up and he weighed 24 lbs, 13 ozs and was 32 inches tall.


And here's Bailey pointing out Turkey after a quick geography lesson.


Meanwhile, I am staying busy holding down the fort. Luke is not even halfway done with his trip and I can say that "doing it all" has been harder than I thought, but mostly because of the unexpected. For example, on Thursday, Bailey got sick at school and had to come home early and we have had two poop incidences on the floor that have required alot of clean up (one was Blake and one was Blue because her stomach is upset from Blake feeding her too much people food). So, I have been crafting. I promise this blog is not going to become about my crafting projects, but my sewing machine and I have had a love/hate relationship for years because I don't sew enough and forget things in between projects, but I think I've got the basics down now and am going to show off a few accomplishments.

Can you guess what we are going to be for Halloween? (And yes, that's homemade)


And she wanted to try it on and of course play in it. (Yes, that's an iphone picture of a picture, but I was uploading this at a very late hour and didn't want to go to the original). Luke is going to be Bullseye (hopefully) so the kids were having him get into character with a horsey ride.


And a Jessie shirt for my very pregnant belly in October. I am going to scallop the bottom of the yellow area once I know how big the belly is so that it fits right.


And some chaps.


This is to cover up my storage container full of the kid's coloring stuff, paints, playdough, and other activities that I really don't want them getting into without permission.



And I did go ahead and make my Thankful turkey for Thanksgiving this year. 


Hopefully all this planning ahead means I won't be trying to do anything crazy in the weeks before and after the baby.

3 comments:

The Mezgers said...

NESTING CRAZINESS! PLEASE COME NEST AT MY HOUSE!!!

cheryl said...

You are one super mom! Go girl! Way to run with all that nesting. ;o) Great job on the costumes so far. Can't wait to see the final products! Hope the rest of the time w/o Luke flies by for y'all, and that it's much less eventful.

Jess, Ryan, and Melody said...

Oh my gosh you are so creative! Honestly I don't know how you do it girl. At some point we gotta do a craft night :)