One of the things I love about our church is how we celebrate baptism. There are noise makers, signs, and cheering followed by a huge picnic. It's one of the reasons that I decided to finally be baptized. A decision I had put off for too long because I HATE, repeat HATE, to be the center of attention, however, I can't think of a better reason to be the center of attention than to be professing that Jesus is still my Lord and Saviour! So out of obedience to scripture as an outward symbol of an inward commintment I was baptized on May 20th. It was made sweeter by the fact that Luke got to do the honors and also that my two dear friends, Katie & Christal were getting baptized too!
Here's everyone gathered around and yes, that kiddie pool is where I will get dunked
Christal, me, and Katie beforehand
So, why do you want to get baptized?
Buried with Christ in baptism,
Raised to walk in newness of life.
Katie's turn
Christal's turn
Afterwards
And picnic time thanks to P Terrys!
1 comment:
How special and sweet! Wish we were there to give hugs!
Post a Comment