I can't tell you exactly what they were thinking, but I can tell you what I was thinking:
Before
What's Going Through My Head: I actually just had the thought that evening that her hair had finally grown out and maybe it was time for a real haircut. (She has only ever had two very small trims done by me totally maybe an inch and a half.)
Emmy's Haircut
What's Going Through My Head: At first sight I am a little sick to my stomach. Bailey's hair grows really slow and I am just wondering how long till it can grow back out. I actually get out a ruler and measure that in one spot 9 inches were cut. On average I will cut 6 inches to make it even.
Mommy's Haircut Front
What's Going Through My Head: I am SO sad. Katie sends me a picture of Emmy's new do and I am sad for Emmy as she had just grown her hair out and it's really short too.
And the back
What's Going Through My Head: I realize that it's longer in the back and on one side, but I couldn't cut her hair to the shortest length, a length that I wouldn't be able to pull back in a pony tail.
Yes, I know that hair grows back, but for me it's a visual reminder of my daily struggles in discipline with Bailey. I really wish she would think through things, ask permission first, or want to obey.

No comments:
Post a Comment