- Awhile back Luke and Bailey had watched a kid's movie about Moses and the 10 Commandments on Sunday. On the way home from church as they were passing a large cemetery, Bailey saw all the headstones and said, "Daddy, Look at all those commandments!"
- Bailey can count from 1-100 normally, but if you isolate out any number from 11-29 she says it very uniquely-
18 would be onedy eight and 11 would be onedy one
22 would twody two and 28 would be twody eight
I secretly really like the way the says it, never-the-less it is ALOT easier to correct now than if we let it continue, so I have started doing so.
- Blake is crazy obsessed with blue jeans. If you are also wearing jeans, be prepared for "You have on jeans just like me does." His preschool teachers are so prepared for it that they repeat it with him as he enters the room on Tues & Thurs. Also, he lovingly calls all jeans his "big ole jeans".
- Bailey has gotten to do alot of special things lately and Blake has not been oblivious. Many, many times lately I hear from Blake, "Sure I get bigger I play soccer?" "You promise, I get bigger and stronger I can do it?" Or - "Sure I get to go to school three days a week when I get bigger and stronger, promise?" It's always the same- "sure I" then "bigger and stronger" then "promise". Since I was the oldest sibling like Bailey, I am learning to pay more attention to special things Bailey gets to do and try to balance it a bit for Blake.
- When we went to the beach last September, Blake saw someone working on the power lines in a orange vest who climbed up a telephone pole. I guess in his mind it looked just what Spiderman would, although he has never seen a movie or show about Spiderman. Now, whenever he sees anyone in a bright orange and yellow striped vest, he asks, "What those Spidermans doing?" This week the City of Austin workers re-painted the bike lanes on our street and he sure thought there were alot of Spidermans out there.
No comments:
Post a Comment