A little selfie I took right after checking in. Luke was thoroughly enjoying the cable tv.
I am loving my littlest Mezger and learning all about him. I already find myself whispering "don't grow up, don't grow up, don't grow up" and smothering him with snuggles & kisses. Knowing he is the last has definitely sent waves of mixed emotions and although I look forward to the days of sleeping through the night, cleaning out my closet to one size of clothing, and being a diaper free household, I am also so sad knowing that he will grow up too fast trying to keep up with his siblings and I will long for that newborn smell and holding a little one that's mine. Okay, you get it, but it feels good to write it all out.
Here's a few fun things from the week-
Beau got his first bath and he had many helpers...6 to be exact. Each kid got a turn to wash him and after his diaper had been rubbing on his umbilical cord all day, the last helper to wash him helped it come all the way off- oops. Pretty sure from experience that was supposed to stay on a week or so longer.
This look seems to say "What just happened?", but he really did like bathtime by the end.
Speaking of helpers, Blair has done a great job of taking care of her Baby Beau. Nevermind that her Beau is a girl.
We also had his newborn check up and he weighed in at 7lbs, 9ozs (49th%), so a little short of his birth weight, but I am sure he will catch back up soon. He and I were both exhausted after our first outing.
And we of course we had visitors!
The Fosheas
Jose- one of Luke's good friends from college who was in Austin for work stopped by.
Beau Meets Beau.
Beau Knox is the only other Beau that we have ever known.
Happy One Week Little Guy!

2 comments:
Oh my gosh, soooooo sweet!! And I love the pic of Beau and Beau. And I don't want him to grow up either! This makes me even more ready...
So so so precious! You're totally right to be soaking in all those lasts...enjoy them, beautiful mama! ;)
Post a Comment