Monday, November 17, 2014

What Does the Fox Say?

Ha-Ha-Ha-Happy Birthday Blair!


 
  I love a good theme and Blair's obsession with foxes made it easy for me to decide what to do for her birthday- a fox party with our favorite people doing some of Blair's favorite things. At 3 years old, Blair LOVES sweets (I know that could be said of every kid, but Blair just takes it up a notch), decorating/coloring things, playing outside, and reading books, so we did them ALL! Sadly, the weather didn't quite cooperate for the outside, backyard party I thought we would have, but I think what we did worked with the size of party we had.


These were some of our favorite 2 year old pictures.




The first thing I had most kids do was decorate their fox cookies. I found these after the party & love the different interpretations.




It was frigid outside, so to keep warm we had a propane torch thing on the covered patio, a fire in the fireplace (thanks to Grandpa Robert!), and hot chocolate.

 

Telling Nana how old she is. 




Tori's here!!


Blythe & Shipley are here! Shipley is Blake & Blythe's class mascot! I wish this was in focus.

 
 
It was fun to see whether kids stayed inside in the warmth with the cars or


 headed out into the Artic or


did both and didn't stop running like these girls.


Singing Happy Birthday! Emmy was so sweet to hold the plate for her.


Since this isn't the greatest picture, I thought I would squeeze this one in from the morning of Blair's birthday.

 We ended the party with story time & read two of her favorite stories.

The first was  Fox in Socks, which when she picked it out, I tried really hard not to let out a groan because it is a book of tongue twisters and although she LOVES it, it is not a book you want to read outloud to 25-30 kids. However, birthday girl got what she wanted.


To help with all these tongue twisters I recruited some help from Mr. Knox to read Mr. Knox's parts in the book.


I also had Joel, Luke, Kyle, and Anna Kinslow help read. What's fun is that I converted Slow Joe Crow to Slow Joel Crow & there was also a Luke in it!


 We have an unspoken rule that Nana gets to stay after everyone has left for some special time and opening of her present.


Thanks Tori for being my extra set of hands and taking most of these pictures and happy birthday to you today!

No comments: