Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Cycle Continues

It was my joy and honor to attend my littlest sister's playoff basketball game last week. Tori spent her first 8 years of her life in a gym every Tuesday and Friday attending Tara and I's games, and I am continuing the cycle as best I can living 2 hours and 45 minutes away.



Tori and I during volleyball season in 1998. Melissa age 17, Tori age 5.



Tori and Bailey after a recent basketball district game. Tori age 17, Bailey age 2 1/2.


One of the things I love about going back to the games is that my parents moved to a small 1-A school where everybody knows everbody. I kinda miss that living in a city as large as Austin. I have also gotten the opportunity to watched some of these girls grow up playing together (atleast since Tori moved to Santo in 7th grade). The other thing I love is that I can step momentarily out of my role as mom and step into my role as over the top sister. For example:



This was the playoff shirt that I made and wore to the game. I just thought my belly made a perfect basketball and took advantage. Pretty sure that Tori's teammates think I am pretty crazy not only because of the shirt, but because I drove 4+ hours to the game at 37 weeks pregnant. All I have to say is isn't that what sisters are for*. *As long as they don't go into labor and deliver out of town and get teased for the rest of their lives : ).

No comments: