Thursday, February 25, 2010

Showered

Last Tuesday was my baby shower and I truly feel like I was showered with love, diapers, and some other fun goodies! I would consider it a pretty perfect night- Luke was watching Bailey so I wasn't on mom duty, I got to eat out, we got to play a game AND I had almost all of my friends in one room at the same time. Besides all that Tara took it upon herself to go shopping with me to pick out something new and not typical Melissa that I could wear with her tall boots. It felt so good to be wearing something new at 37 weeks pregnant when your not feeling like yourself. Anyways, thank you to Tara, Chelsie, Brandi, Mindy, Katie, and Ali for throwing it for me!



The hostess minus Ali who had to go get Rebecca.



All the guests minus Ali and my sweet mother-in-law who volunteered to take the picture.



Check out this cake AND it was just as good as it looked! Thanks Ali- you are quite the chef!


Okay I feel like I am a walking advertisement for some of the goodies I was given, but I just have to share:

Tara has officially taken it upon herself to keep me up to date with the times. As an early birthday/baby gift she and Robby got us a Flip. In case you haven't see the commercials- a Flip is a handheld video camera that plugs right into your computer. You can video for about an hour and we have been really impressed with its usability and quality so far!



Also, look at this homemade nursing cover made by Katie. So cute! If only it came with a guarantee that I will get over my fear of nursing in public.


I don't know if anyone else out there loves the soothie pacifiers, but has been disappointed with the holder options out there. Well, my friend Emily found this holder and I am quite excited about getting to use it!

Okay, last one- I LOVE pampers swaddlers for newborns. They just seem to match the softness of a newborn, but more importantly they were the best diapers (in my opinion) for keeping in what you don't want out! It might have been 2 years ago, but I haven't forgotten the sometime dangerous newborn #2s. Thankfully we are stocked up! The one thing I had forgotten was how small the newborn diapers are. Below is Bailey's size 4 diapers next to the Newborn one.

1 comment:

girltravelor said...

Wish I could have been there! looking forward to catching up this summer.