So what does a mother of three little ones want for her birthday? A little time off : ). I love my kids, but what I really needed was some time off duty to recoup. Luke happily gave me what I wanted and took the oldest two and spent the night at his mom's house on Friday and stayed there till we met up with him at church on Sunday morning. My mom came into town and so did my littlest sister for some girl time.
Here's a few of my mom and Tori before my weekend "off" started.
Tori was being the mature one here as my goofy side came out. I love you Tor!
Gigi brought all kinds of fun goodies for the kids.
Happy Birthday to me : ).
Franny was very sweet and had the other Mezgers and us over for a family birthday dinner. The kids did a great job singing and helping me blow out the candles.
I realized the day before my birthday that we only have one family picture with all five of us in it, which was taken all the way back on Thanksgiving. This made me sad because Blair is 4.5 months old. After my birthday dinner we decided to try for a picture with the the only rule being that all five of us were in it. So, what does it take to get a family picture with three kids?
Well, there was a little hair pulling,
and a little bear hugging Blake,
and a little not looking at the camera,
So what did I do on Saturday??? Well, a little shopping and a little crafting. These shirts are one of the results of the crafting and Bailey and her besties each got one. : ) It's just ironed-on fabric cut out in Easter shapes, which was super simple!
I want to get pictures of all the girls in them if their mommies will let me, but for now I did get this one.
One sweet
and one silly.
Today I finished this, which I started on Saturday, but made a fatal error and had to re-start. Bailey told me that it's beginning to look a little like Easter over here, which made me smile as one decoration can made it look like Easter. It's just paint swatches (from Lowe's) cut in ovals to resemble eggs.
And lastly my mom & I made headbands for Blair. This was one of the ones I made, but my mom was the visionary in Joanns and you will see her headbands in future pictures. And can I just brag that Blair was so easy this weekend for me, although who wouldn't be happy getting the attention of three people.
And I just want to say a thank you to everyone who helped make this birthday so special! 12 years ago I had just committed my life to Christ and prayed a simple prayer that God would place christian friends or just a single christian friend in my life. Although in some ways God chose to take his time to answer that prayer, I can say that he did answer my prayer in a big way and I am so blessed to have so many dear women in my life. I definitely felt the birthday love this year from your texts, calls, sweet cards, & gifts. Anyways, you know who you are and I really appreciate it! 32 once seemed old, but I would now say it's the best yet!




No comments:
Post a Comment