And today is our 10th wedding anniversary and Luke was sweet to cook pancakes for me. Pancakes are kinda our thing.
In the series final of the Office, Andy said something that has stuck with me. It's "that I wish there was a way to tell you were in the good ole days when you were in them". Isn't it so true that you don't know what you wish you would have taken advantage of or appreciated until after the time has passed. For instance, I have said to any recently married folks I have encountered to take advantage of their pre-kid days to travel, specifically, because if we could go back and change anything we would have traveled more before kids.
What's crazy is that I know it may not feel like it at times, but I know that years later I am going to look back on these years with young kids as "the good ole days" and wished I had appreciated them more. I'm trying to, really, but it sure is easy to get lost sometimes in sickness, laundry, or the urgent to-dos.
The laundry monster seriously almost gets me once a week!
Anyways, 10 years into our marriage and life kinda looks like what I thought it would and kinda doesn't. Here's to trying to appreciating the years with young kids and viewing them the same as I do the "good ole days".
1 comment:
Hey there! I love the blog updates and new color scheme - very pretty.
Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment