Sunday, February 28, 2010

BLA...KE or IR









We want your participation in this blog. Cast your vote as to whether baby Mezger is a boy or a girl? Here are your clues:






Clue 1: MORNING SICKNESS-

My morning sickness was much worse this pregnancy. With Bailey I was nausea for about 6 weeks (from 6 weeks to 12 weeks) in the evenings and maybe threw up once. This time around I experienced all day morning sickness, and somedays threw up a couple of times a day. I was also sick from week 6 until week 20.


Clue 2: MY DIET-

I had a major meat aversion when I was pregnant with Bailey. Even the smell of it would make me run the other direction. Basically I lived on fruit/veggies and bread. This time around I really didn't have any aversions, and ate very normally (as long as I wasn't feeling too sick) and sometimes even craved meat. Other cravings this time included apples, pancakes, and sugar candy.


Clue 3: SIZE OF THIS BABY-

Bailey was predicted to be a larger baby and came out weighing 8 pounds. This baby is predicted to be just over 7 pounds, so a little bit smaller.

Clue 4: MOVEMENT-

Bailey was a very active baby. She moved around, kicked, and hiccuped regularly to let me know what she was up to. This baby doesn't move much and sometimes makes me nervous. However, when this baby does move he or she really puts their body into it and can take my breath away with the force and suddenness.


Clue 5: THE BABY'S HEART RATE-

I know this is just an old wives tales and has no scientific validity, but I am just going to put out there that this baby's heart rate has been in the mid to high 140's and low 150's.



Clue 6: CHINESE GENDER PREDICTOR-

Chelsie and I did this just for fun and it said that I was having a boy.

Clue 7: DREAMS-

Three different people have had dreams about this baby and in all cases the baby was a boy.


I know that most of my observations are in comparison with my experiences with Bailey, but because those experiences are so different from those with Bailey we are predicting a boy. What do you think- Pink or Blue? Boy or Girl? Blair or Blake?

7 comments:

harmony said...

ok. seeing how i have absolutely no idea about these things, i am going with.... BLAKE! great name, love it. wishing you a safe and swift labor, mel! love you guys.

Courtney said...

I think it's a Blair! Can't wait to find out!

The Reading Family said...

My vote is a little baby Blake!!

cheryl said...

Totally a boy. It's another big boy wave right now. ;o)
You look AWESOME by the way. Hope these last few weeks/ days and delivery go really smoothly.
Can't wait to meet the little one.

rott said...

I'm voting Blake. Mainly because I think you think it's a boy and I'm convinced mother's intuition usually right. Can't wait to find out!!

Jodi

Brandi Burden said...

I vote Blair!I love the names by the way!

Unknown said...

girl