Friday, May 4, 2012

Growing Like a Weed: Blake

Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction. 2 Timothy 4:2

I memorized this scripture in college and although I am about to totally take it out of context, it is what seems to come to mind all the time when I am doing anything Blake. Correct, rebuke, and encourage with great patience and careful instruction- can you tell we are in the midst of the twos??? Yes, right now we are working on obeying quickly with a good attitude and kind hands/feet. Exhausting, but very necessary work.

Oh, and does this boy have energy! I wish I could steal some for myself.

Interests are still trains, construction equipment, baby dolls, riding his scooter, the color green, jumping on the trampoline, playing in the sandbox, riding toys, tractors, & his daddy. He also still follows right behind Bailey, which has recently gotten him into a predicament as he climbed 5 or 6 feet up a tree, but couldn't get down. However, this trait has helped him when learning to ride his bike, and he has even gone pee pee in the potty a time or two thanks to Bailey (although we are not interested in potty training him right now).


 
Note we are still in the walking phase of the glider, but I bet it won't be long before I can't keep up.


On the same walk, Bailey taught him how to be still and let the ducks eat out of your hand.



As we come to the end of the preschool year I can really look back and see how much he has grown- he is much more flexible with naptime, can self feed with greater control, is becoming a less picky eater, seperates better at drop off time, and is walking more often than he is held. : )

Other than that, I can't keep up with all the new things he is saying and how he is putting words together. Some new favorites are Blake do, Blake help, and Hold You (meaning hold me) along with "sicle" meaning popscicle. Unfortunately for Bailey, as his vocabulary has increased it has meant that she isn't getting away with much. And he LOVES to sing! He is not a performer just like he doesn't like to smile for pictures, so no videos, but I bet you can figure these out:

  • Happy know it, hands. Happy know it, hands.
  • Ity, bitty spider, itty, bitty spider, itty, bitty spider
  • Head, knee, toe. Head, knee, toe.
  • Jesus loves Blakers. Jesus loves Blakers.
  • Open Shut 'Em, Open Shut 'Em. Lap.
  • Ba, Ba, Ba, Ba (for Bob the Builder), but now has added Scoop & Muck
  • Highway, Highway (Life is a Highway)
  • And one of the favorite around here is our Good Job Cheer, which he likes to sing to himself- good job Blakers, good job Blakers, followed by whatever he did good.

No comments: