I don't know how I got so lucky to have ANOTHER year with family themed costumes, well actually I do. This summer I noticed that when Blake was playing bad guys he and Bailey were always against each other and one thing always lead to another and someone got hurt. SO, after much brainstorming I let the kids watch the movie Incredibles in hopes that instead of fighting against each other that they would work together to fight pretend crimes of the Super Hero world. IT WORKED! Plus, Bailey noticed that there were 5 of them and there were 5 of us and happened to mention that this is what we should be for Halloween. That statement was music to my heart, but I waited just to be sure they still liked the idea in September and then ordered Bailey and Blake's costumes. I would have made them, but I could not pass on $15 each including S&H. I had to make Jack-Jack's since Blair is a little bit older than a crawling infant, but that was super easy. So I present to you our version of the Incredible family. You will have to wait till Halloween pictures to see Luke and I, but I know the kids are what people really come here to see, SO
Violet aka Invisigirl. Superhero power is that she can turn herself invisible and create force fields.
Dash
Superhero power is that he is super fast. He was so fast that my camera could just barely catch him. : )
Jack- Jack whose superpower is shapeshifting!?!? Yes, I do believe that explains the beginning signs of terrible twos.
The other night when it came time for pumpkin carving I gave the kids a choice to do whatever they wanted and they stuck with Incredibles!
Bailey with the Incredibles sign.
Here's Blake's pumpkin, which was the hardest because it was the face of Dash. Luke had to break out the power tools.
Our online inspiration.
I think I should just add advanced pumpkin designs to Luke's endless resume of random skills. He's definitely my Mr. Incredible!
Blair with her pumpkin which we turned into the face of Jack-Jack.
The finished products.
Less than one week until Halloween!!! So thankful for the Fall Fest tonight and dress rehearsals. The kids have had such fun running around in the back yard and I love getting some early pictures. : )

No comments:
Post a Comment