Saturday, May 30, 2015

My Crazy Schedule This Year


We limped to the finish line of this year trying our hardest to stay strong. I knew it was going to be a hard year schedule wise and it was even more so than I would have thought. So much running from one thing to another and setting alarms on my phone so I wouldn't forget something. Apologizing when I did. Some was school choices at their start times, some was choice of activities, some just came with a baby needing two naps, some was over-commitment for this stage of life. Just for memory sake because I will probably remember this a just a blur, here is a bit of what my schedule looked like:

Mondays

7:15 Wake Bailey up
8:10 Bailey off to ACS (Thanks to Risinger carpool)
9:15 Beau down for nap (I don't know how I would do it without Luke working from home)
9:30 Blake off to school (I drive the neighborhood carpool)
11:15 Beau up from nap, eat quick lunch
12-1 Blair goes to speech (this started this spring)
1:30 Preschool pick up (Leah drives neighborhood carpool)
1:25 Blair & Beau down for naps
2-3 Take a deep breath & fix dinner (unless it is the one Monday a month I get to go do reading assessments in 1st grade, which I LOVE, but did make those Mondays trickier.)
3:00 Leave to go pick Bailey up so I am the first in the carpool line
4:05 Drop Bailey & Will off at swim (This just started up in late April. Yay swim team! For most of the year we did a datenight trade off with the Fosheas)
4:15 Grab Blake, Blair and Beau and head up to swim practice (Again, thankful Luke is home most days during this time)
4:45 Blake swim practice
5:45 Home and time to eat dinner
7:00 One parent does bathtime & books, while one does kitchen/downstairs clean up & packs lunches
7:30 Bedtime
7:35- 8:05 Start prepping homeschool for Tuesday
Shortly after ask Luke to watch the Nightly News while I fall asleep to it


Whew! Mondays are hard, but Tuesdays aren't much better...

Tuesdays
6:45-7:30 Kids wake up usually Blair, Beau, Bailey, then Blake
8:00 Do atleast one easy homeschool item
9:15 Beau down for morning nap
9:30 Blake & Blair off to preschool (Allison does morning carpool)
9:35 Re-start Bailey's school & try to get as much Math, Reading & Spelling done before Beau wakes up from nap
11:10 Beau up from nap
1:20 Stop Bailey's school
1:30 Blake & Blair done with preschool (I drive neighborhood carpool)
1:45 Blair & Beau down for naps
1:50 Finish up any last schoolwork for Bailey during quiet time, fix dinner, return emails
4:00-5:15 Bailey & Blake swim
5:45 Eat Dinner
7:00 One parent does bathtime & books, while the other one does kitchen/downstairs clean up & packs lunches
7:30 Bedtime

For Wednesday basically repeat Monday, but we used to go to BSF, Beau skips his morning nap and we usually try to see friends for lunch. Thursdays are pretty much the same as Tuesday, except always a little easier on the homeschool front. For most of the year on Thurs nights we had soccer practice, that just finished up about a month ago.

Friday

Nothing, no schedule, except that Beau still naps, so can you guess why I love Fridays???

Anyways, we made it!!! School's out for the summer!!!

No comments: