Friday, May 22, 2015

Wrapping Up ACS

I am often ask what homeschooling looks like and this was by far my favorite homeschool day-

Bailey (and the doll Bailey) being Indians doing reading in her tent. She is just not a sit at a desk for hours type of kid and reading is NOT her favorite, so this worked great for getting this assignment done. I am positive I was not reading 1,000 words books as many times as it takes to be fluent, so I am proud of Bailey's perseverance. 




The Three Little Pigs

 Our school went to Zach Scott Theatre in April for The Three Little Pigs & it was SO cute!!





Carpool Buddies



The 3rd Annual Garage Sale Fundraiser

We held another huge garage sale as a fundraiser for the school. There was so much stuff that we didn't even get it all down from upstairs and had TONS left over. Here's a glimpse of the stuff!





Besides the disgusting dirty bra that someone donated this was the oddest thing in our collection. A huge chipmunk that someone bought and didn't use???


I could not have done it without these ladies, Christy & dusty, and also, Anna & Steph. These ladies are the reason I commit to the garage sale.


Flat Stanley Project

Bailey's class read the book Flat Stanley about a boy who gets flattened and his adventures being flat. We were assigned with sending our own Flat Stanley somewhere on an adventure & Bailey chose to send it to Walt. She thought it would be perfect since Walt lives in Turkey and she has been learning about Constantinople & Turkey in History. What's fun is that Walt was also in the US for a wedding and dropped by. He brought Bailey the wrap, some Turkish Delight and even coins. THANKS WALT!!!!








Last Day

 Bailey had a sleepover with Mia and they dressed alike hair and all today.


 Somehow some toy friends snuck their way to school today including Bailey, the doll, dressed in her ACS uniform.


And her character stone this year was determination, just like last year.



 After school lunch with the Ledlies.


Another great year! I can't believe I have a 2nd grader!!!

No comments: