Thursday, March 24, 2011

Signs of Spring

There are two big sign of spring at our place.

One is that we got our garden planted! We just started to see sprouts of yummy tomatoes, peppers, spinach, carrots, garlic, okra, squash, zucchini, corn, beans, strawberries, and blackberries.








Two is that we are getting things cleaned, organized, and rearranged (aka Spring Cleaning).

So we started a voluntary chore chart at our house, meaning Bailey told us she wanted to start earning money so we came up with some things that she could do. So, incase you think I have gone off the deep end this is completely voluntary. We still have other battles to fight before we have mandatory chores. Anyways, to help with her pick up her own toys I made these labels on our toy baskets. I know it's kinda hard to see, but it's a picture of all the toys in the basket with the name of the basket. Also on the chore list are making her bed, getting dressed, putting silverwear up from dishwasher, taking dishes to kitchen after meals, feed Blue a scoop of dogfood, buckle her own carseat, and extra help. I couldn't come up with anything else, but please let me know if you have any ideas for a 3 year old.



Also, the other day I told my friend Katie that I was wanting to do some re-arranging and she just lit up like a light bulb. Seriously you could just see that her mind went reeling. It was so cool to see her in her element as she rearranged my living room. I don't have any before pictures, but here's the after. I feel like I have a new living room even though it's all the same stuff. This led me to change up the dining room a little too and get Blake and Bailey's rooms farther down the road of being done.




Happy Spring!!!

3 comments:

The Reading Family said...

I am totally going to steal your toy label idea. Abby loves to organize things...and what a fun way to do it, and help her mama out :) If you feel so inclined, when you are done spring cleaning your house, mine is just down the road...haha :)

The Mezgers said...

1) We're stealing the toy label idea too!

2) Can't wait to Eat of Thy Bountiful Harvest. Share???

Franny said...

I like the new living room arrangement.