Tuesday, December 10, 2013

In the World of Blake

I feel like Blair got an update with her birthday post and Bailey with her Greek Olympics post, so now it's time for a little Blake.
 
Not sure too much has changed from my last update on him, but just wanted to show a few pictures of life as a 3 and a half year old.
 
Busy playing in the leaves at my parent's place.
 

 
Blake loves older boys, especially Will. Blake gets to sit next to Will every Mon & Wed with carpool and loves it!
 
 
On a preschool class playdate with John- John. I think these boys could play construction for hours.
 
 
This is his jobsite in our backyard.

 
We had a blast with our buddy Weston at his birthday party.

 
Blake has recently really gotten into Toy Story and enjoys lining up all the characters. Buzz Lightyear is his favorite. I have lots of pictures just like this on my phone and have had to put a passcode back on my phone partly due to this.

 
And the love of Superheros has only increased!
 
 
One of the sweetest things that came from superheros is that in learning how to shoot out spiderwebs as Spiderman he learned to do the "I love you sign". He does it all the time to Luke & I and it melts our hearts.
 
 
Another favorite activity is art- water paints, markers, and putting things in envelopes for the mailman. There are art projects EVERYWHERE!
 
He is VERY particular when it comes to dressing himself and really only likes to wear cowboy bluejeans (Levi's). He has also hit a growth spurt and we are in a weird place where we skipped a lot of 3T clothes, but a lot of 4T clothes are too big.
 
One fun thing he has learned to do thanks to preschool is he can now write the letters B & E. (Sorry this is sideways) 
 
 
We are still stuck in a weird place with naps. Lately he falls asleep during carpool, any late afternoon car ride more than 5 minutes, or just time out in his room. He will not normally nap during what we now call just "quiet time", which is mandatory quiet play time in his room.
 
 
 A couple of other things I want to remember:
  • Blake gave himself a very small haircut the other day. It really wasn't that bad and most people probably wouldn't notice, but he did cut it down to the scalp.
  • Blake is very curious about baby Beau and how he got in my belly and why God has babies be naked when they are born.
  • Since getting an Amazon prime membership about a year ago I do as much shopping as possible through it to save time from having to run errands. Well, add Christmas shopping to the amount of boxes and Blake said the other day "sure wish the box man could bring me something Ironman". He also enjoys announcing when the boxman has come!
  • Blake is dying to be 4 years old and more and more we hear- when I am in kindergarten then I get to do _______, right?
  • This past Spring Luke hired Mr. Craig as a construction manager. Luke has a special ringtone for when Craig calls/texts him and anytime Blake (along with Bailey too) hear Mr. Craig's ringtone, they announce to Luke "That's Mr. Craig".

No comments: